The 1935 McCants Junior High School, located at the corner of South Fant & East Whitner Street was renovated to become Anderson County’s Community and Cultural Center. After the facility assessment report, Anderson County decided to renovate the center in phases. Phase 1A renovations include a new roof, new aluminum windows throughout and interior renovation of approx. 9,400 sq. ft. of the first floor in the main classroom building.
Phase 1B included a new approx. 3,150 sq. ft. 3-story circulation core structure connecting the main classroom building to the gymnasium building. The new structure includes a lobby space, a new multi-stop elevator and a new exit stairway. This phase also included interior renovation of approx. 3,400 sq. ft. of the first floor in the main classroom building
The Community and Cultural Center is now home to the Senior Citizen Activities, the Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club, and Special populations.